A British monument has been erected at one end of the East Moudros cemetery in honor of all the dead of the Dardanelles campaign. It is made of black granite and has a quadrilateral shape. Its base consists of four steps. The main part of the monument has dimensions of 1.45×1.45 m. and bears the inscription: ” To the Immortal Memory of those who died for the Empire, Dardanelles Campaign 1915-1916”. It then bears a four-sided obelisk and it is crowned with a cross.