Meeting point for starting the route to the points of interest and providing basic information about the ANZAC.
The ANZAC rest area of Sarpi was located next to the current refugee village of Nea Koutali and it housed the ANZAC troops on their return from Gallipoli. The rest area was established in the summer of 1915 as a resting place for ANZAC units that were withdrawing from the Gallipoli front and it was used until January 1916. The current village of Nea Koutali was built in 1926 for housing the refugees from the Koutali island in the Propontis who came to Greece with the population exchange of 1923.
The first planes arrived in Lemnos in March 1915 with the HMS Ark Royal, a special aircraft carrier. The first planes were Sopwith Schneider and Short naval cooperation seaplanes. They were later replaced by other pursuit and reconnaissance aircraft operating jointly with the British, French, and Serbian squadrons stationed at Stavros and Thassos. The planes were parked near the current airport. The airport was built by the Germans during World War II.
The French set up an important camp near the village of Varos in April 1915. The unit housed in this camp was the last French one to leave the island on December 29, 1915.
In early April 1915, a French army camp was set up in the area of the village of Lychna, housing colonial troops from Senegal (57th Infantry Regiment) and the second French hospital on the island. For the water supply of the camp and the hospital, the French built an aqueduct on the hillside, and they also evacuated the camp and left for Egypt on December 22, 1915.